Monday, March 31, 2014

The Final Four

Please Read Mikes Original Post
His Picks Pre-Tourney:
http://happycapper.blogspot.com/2014/03/let-madness-begin.html


The Final Four.  The most famous alliterative term in sports.



I am very pleased that I told you before the tournament to not overvalue Michigan State (No one at ESPN was listening).  Now we have UConn, Wisconsin, and my two original picks Florida and Kentucky.



Wanna take a shot at UConn?...Not with my money.  They may have the best remaining player in the tournament, but I don’t see them winning it all.



How about Wisconsin?  They are the best coached team remaining, but by far not the most talented.



That leaves us with my two originals…Florida and Kentucky.  Any follower of the game will tell you that Florida is the logical choice…coach Billy Donovan’s third NCAA title.



I will stick with my 35-1 longshot (50-1 at some books) The Kentucky Wildcats.  I said it then and I will say it now.  Beware of the young team that comes together at just the right time.  They are the first squad since the 1992 Michigan Wolverines to go to the final four with all five freshmen starters.  Michigan lost in the championship game.



Go Big Blue!

-Michael Lawrence
Guest Columnist

x

No comments: