Sunday, April 6, 2014

Kentucky Baby!

I don't even like basketball, but the 2nd half of last nights Kentucky game had me shouting and fist pumping. 

Mike called it - young enthusiastic team coming together at the right time. You think? 
My God! I tuned in for the 2nd half to see a true team effort - a miss followed by a tip in. and then more of the same. Guys were getting brick walled inside- shoving shots straight up in the air and still scoring as a team.  Just minutes into the 2nd half - a 4 point deficit turned into 12 unanswered Blue Devil scores.

We got this now I thought. Me knowing nothing about Wisc. Then Swish. Swish, Swish.
The Badgers responded with drives executed to perfection and a Hail Storm of 3 pointers. These guys aren't human. I thought cloning was still illegal? 

Lead Gone Now what?
Well. Kentucky hadn't even attempted a 3 point shot in the 2nd half. We score 2 - they score 3. 
Impossible scenario. Guess were done. With 15 seconds left - one last drive - down by 2.
Kentucky takes it down - denied inside - time running down - pass to the outside - Harrison from for 3 - hits the rim - BUT IT'S IN! 

5.7 left - Wisc drives - Miss - It's Over!

1 Game left - thanks to Mike (kinda) I have Kentucky for $350 tomorrow night
Win or lose - I got my $10 worth at 35-1. 
I was told picking a winner instead of just game by game was for morons.  
We'll see - so far - ignorance is bliss.


Guess this game is worth watching. That was sick!



My favorite part was the Kentucky player interviewed right after they won. 
The anouncer asked him some dumb question
He smiled and Replied: 
"Did you see what just happened?

No comments: