Tuesday, October 22, 2013

WEEK 7 NFL HANDICAPPING RESULTS 2013

SYSTEM SEASON TOTAL   31-13 70%

WEEK 7  4-2  67%

View results: http://www.happycapper.com/ResultsWk72013.html

SYSTEM

The System did it's job this week. We also hit our Goal of producing a 3 team Parlay Winner. 

Teams that Qualified for all 3 Qualifiers - 1-0 SD over JAC 100%
FAVs winning the (MUP) 3-1 75%
FAVs winning (OL) by 20+ 3-1 75% 


RICK PICKs

Although I provided  us with a 3 team Parlay Winner - Rick Picks need some improvement.  The good news is the solution is simple. Mike L gave me some good advice last week. "You are picking too many teams" he said.

One reason for picking so many teams - is my wanting to help us all figure out 2 team parlays for the Thursday Night and Monday Night Games. This also requires me to call 2 extra Overs or Unders.  If I skip the Over Unders and The Monday NIght Game - I would have gone 4-2.  Add those 3 Picks and I'm 4-5. No one asked for that anyway and the Matchups provide everything anyone needs to make an educated guess.

I picked the winning parlay without the system by glancing at the spreads and using 6 weeks of knowledge to deduce winners. I never include the Thursday Night game in any weekend Parlays. This week I did and Won. By NOT separating the Thu and Mon night games - I was able to narrow all the games down to the 3 best in my head. That's only one week though - so the System has a much better record  than I do. Either way - Less is More in this case. 

Starting this week - Rick Picks will not include any Overs or Unders (unless Quialified by the System) - or Gut calls for the Mon or Thu games. I will also not include System Picks that I agree with. Just my "Early Line Rick Pick Parlays." ( Thanks Anom for reminding me of the value of early lines).  This should narrow the Rick Picks down from 6 or 7 to 3 or 4.  

I really only care about the System Record - but I wouldn't mind having a winning record every week too. I am starting Over as of Last Week - following Last weeks Protocol from here on out.   So Far I am 3-3 100%.  But I'll have to keep Hitting Every Week to Keep a Good Record for the Rest of the Year.

Wish me Luck!



 



No comments: