Thursday, November 5, 2015

NFL PICKS WEEK 8 RESULTS

en·tro·py
ˈentrəpē/
noun

[ lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder ]


As much as I hated math in school - I realize now it is part of the world we live in, and is visible in our lives on a daily basis. So why doesn't the outcome of so many NFL games add up. I wont even rehash in detail how many times we have made the right call and been burned in the last few minutes of a game this year. 

If you follow me - you have seen our match up predictions come alive - like we have a crystal ball - we said they could run - they did - we said they would dominate - they did - we called he exact score on several games. And yet, we are only 47% this year so far. That is still 2% better than the best pros - but about 27% below our average. 

I am not ready yet to concede to "entropy" as the only constant in trying to beat the NFL spread. Parody has made it a bigger factor than ever before - but - it is still football and the very principals of math tell us that 2 + 2 should = 4 most of the time.

I am implementing additional data this week to help us factor recent performance. What I am NOT doing is changing the system. If we are making good calls that go bad for no good reason -  we just have to ride it out, and odds areit will even out in our favor.

I'm looking forward to the 2nd half of the season. Week 9 is just the beginning of our 3rd quarter. I'll see if I can score a few points for us this week.


FINAL BANK STATEMENT WEEK 8



No comments: