Saturday, October 31, 2015

NFL PICKS WEEK 8 WEEKEND 2015

Follow us on Twitter
Live Game Posts 
https://twitter.com/RickOnTheStrip
  



Postgame ____________________________________

Monday Night 
Going into Monday Night we are 3-3 50%.  Not what I was looking for - but Oh well, a Panther win and we have a winning week at least. I predicted the CAR defense would hand Luck his ass. They did up 10-0 1st Qtr. with about 10 minutes left in the 4th - CAR (line dropped to -6)  is up 23 -6. A few bad calls and 2 TDs later - I'm rooting for Luck to get them in FG range and tie it - so we have a chance to cover 6 in OT. We lose the toss - great! Now if Colts score a FG we can t cover 6 win with a TD. They do - OK now I'm rooting for our team to NOT score and settle for a FG. They do 26-26 OT. Now I need a pick 6 or 3 and out and CAR TD. INT! We have the ball on the IND 40! But all they need is a FG we need 6 to cover! Come on Superman - I'm thinking. Nope! 4th down. FG 29 - 26 CAR = NO cover. 

Parody
If parody was a virus the CDC would be posting a PSI every hour, it is beyond epidemic. 
Think about it Denver has a great defense but that offense is near last in every category. The Packer had not played a good defense (Combined Opponent defenses avg 28th) the Denver D is real. So, 3 and outs make old man Manning and an offense look good. There is literally one team left you can count on to win - The Patriots and you cant always count on them to cover. 

Good News
I thought about the importance of teams trending up or down right now, and their ability to cover. - IE Atlanta. So I did a little creative digging into data sources and found some great trend stats for next week that would have added a 1 Win saved 2 Losses this week. Not grasping at straws - that's pretty significant. So not giving up - getting smarter and will eventually get lucky as well - or just not get so damn unlucky all the time - let's face it - we have made a lot of great calls that shoulda covered. Our time is coming. We are not upside down or way behind. So, How we finish the season is all that matters. 


Pregame _____________________________________

Week 8
I did not try to bet more games this week. I simply streamlined my data in order to view it more clearly and found major miss matches in the 7 games below. If you take a look at the Head to Head - you will see what I mean. All 7 games are one sided statistically. So, although that is no guarantee - I am not throwing up wood to see if it sticks. Old saying - I have no idea what it means -LOL.
 

I did not have time to post match ups on games we are not betting - but I did cap and review all of this weeks games. Makes no sense to waste time on games that did not qualify. Instead I focused on the ones that did. 

The teams below "should" cover. We'll have to wait and see who will? 
Hoping for a good week. ''Good luck! 

DET + 3.5 (Sorry - just realized this is in London "not" KC) Live on Fox Now 630AM!
My bad -  I never bet over seas games.  I was in a hurry to post the picks. Also I just noticed I broke my own rule without realizing it. Projected KC 21-20. Fav or Dog must cover spread (-3.5) by 4. Lions did not Qualify.  All the other picks did - let's hope they do better. 

Let's see - I call "Off" the Pats projected to cover and "On" the Lions Projected to lose. 
No Excuses - Bonehead moves on the first 2 games. Giving myself a "Come On Man! 
I hope I can make it up to you with the other games - Good Luck!

DET +3.5
MIN -1
ATL -7
STL -8
ARI -5.5
GB -3
CAR -7

 
HEAD TO HEAD
(LEFT CLICK, RIGHT CLICK - VIEW IMAGE, MAGNIFY TO ENLARGE)


Bank Statement











6 comments:

Reid said...

Hi Rick, interesting picks. What is your opinion on the saints this week? I know they did not make your top 5. NYG has not won in superdome in 22 years

Rick Jansen said...

I capped the game and I'm off Did not Qualify. Projected NO 34 NYG 30. I like Brees but Saints have a really weak Pas Def facing Beckham. But - No confidence in Eli either. I thought about the Over - But in spite of the projected score (based partial on recent games)- neither team projected high in Red Zone. Sop that score could be way off and it could go low. Wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot pole.

I still have a game or 1 game left to cap. I did not have time to post games I am not betting this week. So all the picks are up but 1 potentially. I'm working on CAR game now.

Reid said...

Ok bud. It's Halloween weekend in the bayou. Those wackos dress up in costumes on a regular day. The superdome will be nuts tomorrow. I'm taking saints on my own. With you on the rest. Hope your system picks Carolina. I have them alive in teaser with patriots. Good luck tomorrow

Rick Jansen said...

Just picked Panthers - they won the match up Big!

I like Brees and will be rooting for you and Drew vs short bus Manning and old man "Get off my Lawn" Coughlin.

Reid said...

That saints game just took 10 years off my life. Never been so happy to get a push

Rick Jansen said...

My secretary is a Giants fan - she is still recovering.