Friday, November 1, 2013

THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL WEEK 9 ANALYSIS

THEY ARE WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE! LOL!

For over a month I have been calling us OFF the Bengals. I pointed out that they are UP and Down, Inconsistent.  As they continued to move into and stay in the TOP 5 Overall Rankings - I took a chance on them last night. After all, they did beat Pats and Packers. However, Pats were without main weapons and Brady had the worst game of his life. Like a Mutual Fund Trader - keeping a safe average - this teams looks good on paper - but does not pay dividends.

Never Again!

Bengals
Dalton throws off his back foot - lofting the ball. Can't do that in this league. The Offensive Line of Bengals was worthless against any kind of serious Pass Rush. Dalton is not Mobile and the Dalton/Green show is One Dimensional.They have a decent supporting cast - but they do not use them. Play calling is suspect. Run game was working and could have sealed the game twice. Instead - throwing out of end zone inside their own 10 to lose the game with a safety. 
If you look at the box score CIN dominated time of possession, first downs and total yards. But like I said - Stats can be deceiving. OFF the Bengals for the rest of the year.

Dolphins
Better than Average Defense. Less than Average Offense. Nuff Said.

-Rick Jansen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never lost and up set, but this gm loss really make me mad. I bet on the over (42) and cin+over , when the gm get to OT I though that no way I can lost the over since the gm tie at 20-20, so just a field goal will send the gm over, never thought that I can lost with the safety , just like you said Rick, pro QB don't do what Dalton did. Humm

Rick Jansen said...

I don't blame you. I expected CIN to cover 3 and maybe score 6 in OT. When they lost the toss figured they would just push 23-20. There was a lot of time left in OT - no reason to abandon run game. I think the last 6 plays were passes. The system did call the total right at 42. 25-17. Another weird game -weird year. Hopefully no more weird for a while - but tuff week this week - no dogs qualified - tuff lines. Had to pull off a few games. Take a look at the Matchup UNDER on the BUF/KC game. First time a game has qualified as a system under in 4-5 weeks. See what you think? Only thing scares me is if Tuel Starts - KC will eat him alive and could run it up. Let me know if the system is easier to read yet or not? Hope your other games go well this week - Good Luck!